måndag 30 november 2009

Windsurfing in Chichester - West Wittering and Pagham

Takes about 1h 30 min to drive to Chichester. After 5 trips I know the way there in my sleep:-)

Pagham
29 Nov
I drove to Pagham Sunday morning for some windsurfing and the first thing I see at the spot is this car. A "pimped" Ford Ka:-)



I came close to low tide. The wind was SSW with gusts over 49mph. Almost sideshore it looked quite good! Suddenly almost everybody came out of the water. The wind had gone ballistic. I rigged my 2.9 and went out. First my harnesline broke. A nice surfshopowner from Pagham had a couple my size, so I got them for a fiver:-) Might have been LARWatersports shop?
After a while I was out again. The wind increased all the time. After 1h I was really struggling. It was survivalsurfing and that sucks bigtime:-)
The spot absolutely has potential. Quite clean waves. I´ll give it another try on S winds!


West Wittering
15, 16, 22, 23 November I went for daytrips to West Wittering.
I have only used my 2.9 sail som far. This spot seems to work best on W winds and low tide getting to high tide as the waves get cleaner. Its a long walk though!!!
Of 4 days I have sailed 17hours and 7 of them have been really nice with sun, no rain, nice waves, no crowds, 4m waves. 4 stars out of 5.



Wet and muddy...
Sun is shining for a little while:-)


Nice venue to rig down on. Quite cold though.

Inga kommentarer: