tisdag 16 mars 2010

A big swell

After a short run in the morning from Paia to Kuau to looka at the swell I decided that Kuau would be a good spot for the day.
As I came back Russ was on his way out and the wind was quite light.
The waves were mast and a half. It was big. The wave was closing out and the wave was not really ridable.

Russ on his way out. Took a couple of tries before he got out, and he wasn't powered up either.


Oh yes. He caught a wave in the end! A nice and big one:-)

More pics

Most of the sailors in Maui went to Kanaha. Solid mast high sets. It was really crowded with between 5-10 people on each wave, mixed kiters and windsurfers.
After 16.00 there were a snaller crowd and the waves got a lot cleaner. An epic day in Kanaha:-)

I had a issue with a kiter, though. I got a masthigh wave, and being the most upwind, I started to ride it. In the end of the wave it started to break in a topturn and I was on top off the lip looking down were there is a kite below and scary lines. In a fraction of a second I started to scream to the kiter as I just went for the jump down. He just got the time to move the kite. And he cheered at me.
I really don't mind the people on the kites. It's the lines that I fear. Picture being washed in a masthigh wave with all theese lines being tumbled all around you. What a horrid thought!


Johan with 4 kites...


Ola getting off the wave with one hand.

Good day with nice and glassy waves in Kanaha. The wind was a bit on and off though. In the start of the day I did quite a lot of swimming, as did Ola I heard:-)

Just another day in Paradise...

Posted by Picasa

1 kommentar:

Ola H. sa...

Haha, vilket enhandstrick. Mins inte om jag trillar eller om bilden bara är tagen i ett väldigt konstigt ögonblick.

Mycket riktigt fick jag en sjukt lång simtur efter att ha tappat prylarna i den yttersta. Jag kom inte ifatt förrän i den allra nederst delen av kitebeach.