torsdag 4 mars 2010

Very windy session at Kanaha

A very windy day again. As we went to Hookipa the swell had good size. A guy with superfreak went in and as we studied him we realized that the waves were closing up all at once. Meaning not ridable waves. This has been the problem the last days. But we have had some good size wave though...
Hookipa.

We decided to go to Kanaha again....
There were still som nice sets so we rigged the smallest sail we had and went out.

Perfect timing taking the for the jump. The break is so far out that it makes it difficult to see. I was just taking a random picture when I took the pic. Notice the spray after the jump. It is extremely windy...

.
Nice wave. A guy with broken rig...


What to do when your mate breaks the mast. Cool solution:-)


Surfkate in a bottomturn way too late...

More pics from the day:
http://picasaweb.google.com/surfkate/VeryWindySessionAtKanaha#

In the morning I had a chiropractor treatment. I have been in pain in the lower back since last session and this time I think he got to the source of my aching pain. I feel much better. I still have to take it easy while windsurfing and surfing. He told me to stop running as it a lot of strain to the back. So no more running for a while:-(
While windsurfing I don't really feel pain. Just don't feel as strong as usual. You use the core a lot while windsurfing...

Lesson of the day:
Population of America: 309,162,581 individuals.
1/3 are obese (BMI>30)
2/3 are overweight (BMI>25)

1 kommentar:

Rille sa...

Grymt, vilka dagar ni får! Hoppas du snart får ordning på ryggen. /Rille