onsdag 17 februari 2010

Repair day...

A day of rest after:

Broken mastextension, 2 battens, 2 mini battens...

...several haematomas after close contacts with surf gear on arms and legs, 4 lacerations on foot after reef, scrapewounds knee, arm, finger...


...serious pain lower back.

When I woke up this morning my back was killing me. I had felt some ache a couple of weeks, but today was unbarable. I contacted a Chiropractor in Kahului http://www.mauichiropractic.com/
I got a appointment directly and drove over to get a treatment. The Chiropractor has forbid me to anything at all for two days. I will se him again then.
I have to put ice on every 30 min for 30 min to keep swelling down. On pic I have a frozen milk carton on my back...:-)


Johan is working parttime from Maui. Excellent working posture:-)

So another day of doing absolutely nothing.
Weather today is nice and warm, sunny and loads of wind from the North, which means onshore on the North Shore. Maybe we'll go for a ride later and take some pics from Kihei on the west side. Webcams shows quite flat water, though.

Lesson of the day:
Kihei - Situated on the west coast, southwest of Haleakalā, the area was noted for its dry, dusty and hot days - with less than 13 inches of rain annually. In 1932 the government placed eleven beach lots up for sale. Only six were sold.
Even by 1950, plots capable of being farmed sold for a mere $225 an acre. Residential property could be bought for as little as five cents a square foot. It seemed that aside from a few scattered businesses, no one wanted to live or work in Kihei.
All of that changed in the late 1960's when water was piped in to the area from Central and West Maui and developers saw an area ripe for sun-loving tourists.

Posted by Picasa

1 kommentar:

My new world.......motherhood sa...

Din j*vla galning, se till att ta hand om Dig nu och lyssna på farbror doktor! Hoppas iallafall att Du mår bättre snart!
Här har vi iallafall fått ännu mera snö:-(